Optical-Laser Systems | Vibration Isolation
Tables, Platforms, Benchtops & Workstations for Optical Microscopes, Interferometers Profilers-Profilometers.
Laser and optical systems, whether used in an academic laboratory
or in an industrial environment, are very susceptible to vibrations
from the environment. These instruments almost always need
vibration isolation. Traditionally, large air tables have
been the systems prefered for optical systems. This is no
longer the case. Minus K isolators provide 10-100 times the
performance of air tables, depending on the vibration frequency.
They don't need air or electricity and are compact and easy
to move around. Some users need the array of threaded holes
that breadboards provide. In that case it is quite easy to
put a breadboard on top of one of our antivibration isolators. It is also
common to put a larger breadboard across two or more of our
Laser based interferometers are exquisitely sensitive devices
that are capable of resolving nanometer scale motions/features.
They often have very long mechanical paths which makes them
even more sensitive to vibrations. The sophisticated modern
ellipsometry techniques that allow this high performance rely
on low noise to be able to detect fringe movement. Properly
isolating an interferometer will allow it to provide the highest
Optical profilers have similar sensitivity to vibrations.
Keeping external vibrations from the typically long optical
path yields improved sensitivity and more reliable measurements.
It is no longer necessary to do the most sensitive measurements
at all hours of the night.
Optical component systems are often quite complex. The long
optical paths can lead to angular magnification of vibrations.
Typically used optical air tables can make the problems worse
since they have a resonant frequency that often matches that
of floor vibrations. Our 1/2 Hz isolators provide isolation
in these environments when air tables simply cannot.
- Optical Interferometers-Interferometry
- Optical Profilers-Profilometers-Profilometry
- Fluorescence Optical Microscopes-Microscopy
- CLSM-LSCM: Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopes-Microscopy
- NSOM-SNOM: Near-Field Scanning Optical Microscopes-Microscopy
- TIRFM: Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence Microscopes-Microscopy
- SEM:Scanning Electron Microscopes-Microscopy
- AFM: Atomic Force Microscopes-Microscopy
- SPM: Scanning Probe Microscopes-Microscopy
- STM: Scanning Tunneling Microscopes-Microscopy
- TEM: Transmission Electron Microscopes-Microscopy
- STEM: Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopes-Microscopy
From Minus K: Vibration isolation table, platform, work station and bench top products, plus custom systems for antivibration and vibration free microscopy.
Those looking for partial solutions such as from materials
or parts involving pads, mounts, legs, mats, rubber feet,
etc., might look further into our products
for a more thorough solution.